Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited from eligible Indian citizens possessing knowledge in the vernacular of the State for the preparation of a panel for filling up the existing and expected vacancies of 221 posts of Group D (Farash/ Peons/ Orderly/ Barkandaz/ Darwan/ Night Guard/ Cleaner) on the Original Side and on the Appellate Side establishments of the High Court at Calcutta. The appointments will initially be made on purely temporary basis but are likely to be made permanent.
Scale of Pay:
Pay Band-1 i.e. Rs. 4900/- -- Rs. 16,200/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 1700/- along with other allowances as admissible under the relevant rules.
Classification of vacancies:
|Sl.||Category||Number of Vacancy|
|2||Unreserved (Exempted Category)||32|
|4||Unreserved (Meritorious Sportspersons)||4|
|5||Unreserved (PWD) (Hearing Impairment)||3|
|6||Unreserved (PWD) (Loco Motor Disability or Cerebral Palsy)||2|
|7||Unreserved (PWD) (Blindness or Low Vision)||2|
|9||Scheduled Castes (Exempted Category)||14|
|10||Scheduled Castes (Ex-serviceman)||5|
|12||Scheduled Tribes (Exempted Category)||7|
|13||Scheduled Tribes (Ex-serviceman)||3|
|15||O.B.C (A) (Exempted Category)||8|
|16||O.B.C (A) (Ex-serviceman)||3|
|18||O.B.C (B) (Exempted Category)||5|
|19||O.B.C (B) (Ex-serviceman)||2|
a. Age not less than 18 years and not more than 40 years as on 1st January, 2018 (Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal only). In case of Persons with disabilities, the upper age limit is relaxable up to 45 years.
b. Candidates belonging to Ex-serviceman will get upper age relaxation as per the existing Government Rules. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
1.Must have passed Class – VIII. Graduate candidates are not be eligible to
apply. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018
2. Must have knowledge of reading and writing Bengali and English. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
The following examination fees are required to be paid by the candidates:
|SC for the State of West Bengal||Examination Fees Rs.150 /- (+ bank charges extra)|
|ST for the State of West Bengal|
|All other categories of candidates mentioned in the classification of vacancies (under point 3) those who are applying directly. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018||Examination fee Rs.400/- (+ bank charges extra)|
No fees need to be paid by the candidates belonging to Exempted categories and Ex-serviceman categories whose names will be sponsored by the appropriate authority/authorities. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
¾ For payment of fees through Debit Card of any bank, “bank charge” is not required to be paid. For other modes of online payment of fees necessary bank charges, as applicable, are required to be paid. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
The candidates can pay examination fees through offline mode by downloading the challan from the website which shall be tendered in any branch of United Bank of India. For offline payment Rs. 24/- has to be paid as bank charge. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018
FEES ONCE PAID WILL NOT BE REFUNDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018
Mode of Selection :-
On successful submission of the online applications, candidates are required to
undergo a competitive written examination (OMR based) which shall be as follows:
|Written Examination (Time 75 minutes)||SUBJECTS||Maximum Marks|
|2. General Knowledge|
|3. General Intelligence|
- There shall be total fifty (50) questions and each question shall carry two (2)
• There shall be negative marking of one (1) mark for each wrong answer.
• The question papers shall be available in English, Bengali, Hindi and Nepali.
• There will be four (4) series of question booklets.
• Candidates selected and shortlisted in the written test (OMR based) are required to
appear at a further test / Interview for selection.
• The Hon’ble Selection Committee has the discretion to fix the minimum qualifying
marks (cut off marks) for the written test (OMR based).
• If at any stage(s) of selection process a candidate remains absent, his/her
candidature shall be cancelled without making any further intimation to him/her. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
Date, Time & Venue of the Examination: kolkata high court website
Date, time and venue of the examination shall be intimated to the candidates through
Admit Card which can be downloaded. Without ORIGINAL Admit Card, no candidate
will be allowed in the Examination Hall. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
For Meritorious Sports persons:
The following categories of sportspersons shall be considered meritorious:
(i) Athletics (including Track and Field events), (ii) Badminton, (iii) Basketball, (iv)
Cricket,(v) Football, (vi) Hockey, (vii) Swimming, (viii) Table Tennis, (ix) Volley ball,
(x) Tennis, (xi) Weightlifting, (xii) Wrestling, (xiii) Boxing, (xiv) Cycling, (xv)
Gymnastics, (xvi) Judo, (xvii) Rifle Shooting, (xviii) Kabadi and (xix) Kho-Kho.
The Meritorious Sports person candidates must produce self-attested photocopies
of requisite certificates issued by the respective competent authorities as follows :
|International Competition||Secretary of the National Federation/National Association of the concerned discipline.|
|National Competition||Secretary of the State concerned discipline.|
|Inter-University Tournament||Dean/Director of Sports or other officer in overall charge of Sports of the University concerned.|
|National Sports/Games Education for School||Director or Deputy Director in overall charge of Sports/Games for schools in the Directorate of School Education, West Bengal.|
For Persons with Disabilities:
a) Benefits of reservation will be given to the candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above; Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
b) Benefits of age relaxation for candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant Rules & Regulations; Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
c) Any person with disabilities as stated, under respective reserved subcategories
will be directed to furnish his/her self attested photocopy of Disability Certificate in prescribed form in support of his/her claim, issued by a competent authority as per the provisions of the West Bengal Person with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995, i.e. by a Medical Board constituted at any
Government Medical College Hospitals, District Hospitals or Subdivisional Hospitals at the time of final selection; Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
d) Candidates having disability of less than 40% shall be treated as unreserved candidates and therefore shall not get benefit of reservation/ age relaxation;
1. The SC/ST/OBC candidates of other States shall be treated as Unreserved candidates.
2. Sponsored candidates belonging to Ex-serviceman and Exempted categories shall also apply online.
3. Non sponsored candidates of Exempted category and Ex-serviceman category may also apply online directly with requisite examination fees as applicable. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
Important Notes for filling up online application
a. On successful online submission of application, a unique application registration number (ARN) with random individual password will be allotted to each applicant. It can be need for further login; kolkata high court website
b. Online edit option shall be provided to take care of mistakes made by candidates and the candidates shall be prompted to modify the same, if required, before final submission of the applications;
c. The online submission of the application shall close at 00.00 hours (midnight) on the last date fixed for online submission of application; Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
d. Once final submission of application has been made, the data will frozen and NO further changes will be allowed; Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
e. Request for change for examination centre shall NOT be entertained.
f. The candidates will not be permitted to enter the examination centre after the commencement of the examination. They are directed to report examination centres one and a half hours before the commencement of the examination.
g. The candidates are advised to read the instructions of the Admit Cards
carefully and follow them strictly during the process of examination. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts.
h. Separate Admit Card is available online for the scribe of the candidates
having blindness/low vision. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts.
|Sl No||Events kolkata high court website||Dates|
|1||Commencement of online submission of application by the candidates||28-09-18|
|2||Closing of online submission of application||29/10/2018 (00:00 Hrs)|
|3||Last date for payment of fees through offline||27/10/2018 (within banking hours)|
|4||Commencement for downloading Admit Cards||10-11-18|
|5||Last date for downloading Admit Cards||25-11-18|
|6||Tentative date of the OMR based written examination||25-11-18|
|7||Tentative date of the publication of category wise merit list||10-12-18|
For any Technical Support, contact the following HELPDESK nos. and
E-mail ID during working days (Monday – Saturday) between 09.00 A.M. and
> Help Desk <
|Helpdesk E-mail ID for Registrationemail@example.com|
|Help Desk phone number||8697303379|
|Help Desk phone Number & Email ID for online payment firstname.lastname@example.org|
|033-4003514 (10 A.M. to 5 P.M. Monday to Friday and 10 A.M. to 2 P.M. on Saturday)|
|Help Desk phone number for offline payment in UBI Branches||033-22625469 (within banking hours)|
>> More information About This job :
Admit Card :-
NO ADMIT CARD WILL BE SENT BY POST.
The candidates are required to download and take a printout of Admit Card. The candidates must note that their candidature will be strictly provisional, if they do not fulfill the eligibility criteria in all respect, their candidature will be cancelled at any stage of examination/test. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
There will be a provision for obtaining duplicate Admit Cards from the portal. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
Candidates Claiming Reservations:
a) The candidates belonging to SC/ ST and OBC-A and OBC-Bcategories must possess the certificates in the form as prescribed by the Government of West Bengal and issued by the competent Authority.
b) The candidates claiming reservation under Person with Disability / Ex –Servicemen/Exempted category / Meritorious Sports Person must possess the Certificates issued by Competent Authorities. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
c) The candidates claiming relaxation of upper age limit shall produce relevant certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of verification of documents.
d) The candidates claiming benefits under Sl. No. 13 (a) to (c) above shall possess the relevant certificates, issued by the competent authorities on or before the last date of applying.
e) The candidates who are in service of Union of India/State Governments and their undertaking shall possess the “No Objection Certificate” issued by the authority and produce the same at the time of verification of documents/further tests. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
- a. Applications can be submitted only through online mode and no offline applications will be entertained. kolkata high court website
- b. The candidates are advised to go through the website www.calcuttahighcourt.gov.in regularly for the latest update and information.
- c. The candidate is required to go through the 'general instructions/conditions' before filling the online application form.
- d. Candidates are requested to read the Advertisement and when satisfied about
the eligibility conditions of the Advertisement, then only apply.
- e. It is to be noted that if a candidate has been allowed to appear in the examination/test, it does not imply that the candidate's eligibility has been verified. It does not vest any right with a candidate for appointment. The eligibility shall be finally verified by the concerned Recruiting Agency/Appointing Authority. The candidate should satisfy his/her eligibility before applying and shall be personally responsible in case he/she is not eligible to apply as per the given eligibility criteria on the last date for submission of online application form. kolkata high court website
- f. The candidates are required to submit online application forms with correct and complete information carefully. If any incomplete or false information is given, then the candidates will be responsible for the same and on the basis of false and incomplete information, the application form shall be rejected at any stage of the selection without giving any reason/notice. On furnishing any false certificate or indicating wrong category/sub-category regarding caste in the application form or in case of any other default, the High Court, Calcutta shall reject the candidature at any stage of the selection and may take necessary action. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
- g. The candidates are required to submit only online application forms in the prescribed format through the link available on website www.calcuttahighcourt.gov.in.
- h. Every candidate should mention his/her name and Date of Birth in the Application Form as per the Class VIII Certificate or Madhyamik/Equivalent Examination issued by the recognized institution. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
- i. No subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- j. The candidates should keep two printouts of the duly filled online application
form submitted by them, for their record and for future reference.
- k. All the candidates who are already in Central/State Government Service or in
any Central/State Government undertaking or in any type of other organization
established and governed by the Central/State Government shall have to
produce NOC as and when called for. kolkata high court website
- l. The candidates shall produce certificates, issued by competent authority, in support of claiming reservation, categories and caste on prescribed proforma as per rules applicable thereto. The candidates belonging to ex-servicemen category have to submit his/her certificate mentioned thereon date of enrollment/appointment in service and date of retirement/discharged from the service. Every ex-servicemen candidate will also have to furnish an undertaking to the effect that he has not availed the benefits of reservation provided under ex-servicemen category for any post established or run by the Central/State Government.
- m. Physically challenged candidates shall have to submit certificates issued in the prescribed format by the competent medical authority/Board indicating physical
disability of not less than 40% at the time of verification of the documents.
- n. Meritorious Sportspersons claiming reservation in recruitment should submit certificates as required in the Advertisement at the time of verification of the documents.
- o. The candidates are required to keep with them at least one ORIGINAL PhotoIdentity
proof viz. Aadhar, e-aadhar, ID Card issued by College/University, Voter ID Card(EPIC), Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Bank Passbook copy with photograph thereon and shall produce the same on demand at the time of examination in the examination centre.
- p. Mobile phones, pagers, Bluetooth devices, calculators and any other electronic gadgets/communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail immediate limination and possible disciplinary action.
- q. Canvassing in any form and use of unfair means during the examination/test will disqualify the candidature of the applicant. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
- r. The venue, date and time of the examination/test along with Roll Numbers will be intimated through Admit Cards.
- s. The Selection Committee reserves right to alter the number of vacancies and modify/rectify the same.
- t. The decision of Selection Committee shall be final in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, penalty for false information, mode of examination process, allotment of examination centers, selection and appointment to the posts etc.
- u. The Selection Committee reserves the right to correct any error that may have inadvertently crept in. However, it does not owe any responsibility for any error committed by any candidate.
- v. The vacancies calculated and indicated in the advertisement are subject to
change. kolkata high court website
- w. The results shall be displayed on the official website www.calcuttahighcourt.gov.in and information with regard to the next stage of examination shall be made available on the aforementioned website in due course of time. The Candidates are advised to go through the website www.calcuttahighcourt.gov.in regularly for latest update.
- x. Instructions are to be complied with strictly by the candidates in the examination. No T.A. /D.A. shall be given to the candidates for appearing in the examination/test.
- y. The High Court shall not be responsible for any loss/injury caused to the candidates during their participation in the examination. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
- z. Information uploaded on the website shall not be provided to the candidate under R.T.I. Act, 2005. The uploaded information on the website shall be retained for a specific period. Therefore, the candidates are advised to download the uploaded information and keep up with them for future. In course of the recruitment examination, no application under the Right to Information Act, 2005 shall be entertained nor any information provided. Factual information under R.T.I. Act shall be provided only after declaration of final results. Replies to inferential (speculative) question shall not be provided. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
- aa. In case it is detected at any stage of the recruitment or even later, that candidate
does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he has suppressed or truncated or misrepresented any material fact, the candidature shall stand cancelled without giving any notice to the candidate. If any of these shortcomings is detected even after appointment, the services of the relevant candidate may be terminated and he shall be liable for criminal proceedings. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
- bb. The character of a person participating in the process for direct recruitment to service must be such as to render him suitable in all respects for appointment to the service. Persons dismissed by the Union Government or by a State Government or by a Local Authority or a Government Corporation owned or controlled by the Central Government or State Government will be deemed to be ineligible for the appointment.
- cc. Candidates are required to produce necessary medical certificate as required for his candidature at the time of verification. kolkata high court website
- dd. No recommendation either written or oral will be taken into consideration. Any attempt on the part of a candidate to enlist support directly or indirectly for his candidature by other means will disqualify him for appointment.
- ee. In case of any dispute, the decision of the Hon’ble the Chief Justice
shall be final.
- ff. For further announcement, all concerned are requested to follow the
Court’s website www.calcuttahighcourt.gov.in
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING UP ONLINE APPLICATION
1. Click on the “Registration for New User” button in the online portal of Calcutta High
Court, after reading carefully the “Notification” and ensuring that you are eligible to apply. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
2. On clicking the “Registration for New User” button, the candidate will be taken to the
registration page where they need to fill the concerned details. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
3. Enter the basic details like name, father’s name or husband’s name, mother’s name,
gender, marital status, date of birth, category, Nationality, Aadhaar number etc. in the
respective fields provided. The candidates belonging to the State other than the State of
West Bengal will be considered only as a UR (unreserved) candidate.
4. Choose the appropriate options in the fields asking about, (i) Exempted category,
(ii) Meritorious Sportspersons,(iii) Persons With Disabilities, (iv) Ex-Servicemen and (v)
Government Employees. If the candidate belongs to Exempted or Ex-servicemen
categories, the Employment Exchange details should be provided in the appropriate field.
5. For sponsored candidates, it is mandatory to submit the documents relating to
sponsorship during the time of verification of documents.
6. PWD candidates should select the type of disability and scribe facility can be availed for
Visually Handicapped candidates and candidates having Loco Motor disability or Cerebral
7. Knowledge of reading and writing in both English and Bengali is mandatory.
8. Candidates are requested to choose their preferred examination centre from the list of
options provided in the dropdown list. The communication details should be entered by
the candidate in the respective fields. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
9. Finally, candidates must provide the educational details as required. Candidate must
have passed Class VIII. Graduate candidates are not eligible to apply.
10.A final declaration has to be checked on confirmation about the details entered above are valid and correct to the best of the candidate’s knowledge.
11.On completion of the registration stage, a unique registration number will be generated, which shall be used along with date of birth (DOB) for all further representations and login purpose.
12. After registration the candidate should click the “Sign In for Existing User” button in the
portal, and then will be redirected to the Payment Stage where candidates need to pay
application fees, as per point number 8 of the notification.
13. (a) A candidate may tender examination fees either online or offline.
(b)After successful offline payment of application fees, it takes a maximum of 48 hours
for verification of payment and only then the candidate shall proceed to the next stage. Calcutta High Court Jobs 2018 Apply Online for 221 Group D Posts
14.Once the payment gets verified, it is mandatory for all the candidates to upload the photo and signature with the prescribed specifications, as mentioned.kolkata high court website
15.On submission of online application a printout of the application form can be obtained for future reference. kolkata high court website
16.Intimation will be send to the candidates through SMS for downloading Admit Cards by
using their Unique Registration Number and DOB. kolkata high court website