The Hindu Vocabulary Analysis (23 April, 2019)
In this world of competitive exams, ‘Vocabulary’ takes a vital role in every exam. Several banking and Government exams like PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level exams, Other Exams etc. JOBAPPLY provides you 10 new words in The Hindu Vocabulary on the daily basis which will benefit you not only in upcoming examinations but also to improve English writing skill. We have mentioned the important words with the meaning, synonyms and antonyms along with the example to give a clear concept about the words. We Know in English Part the vocabulary mostly comes from THE HINDU Newspapers in the competitive exams. Therefore it is very important to read and memories. You can give online test your vocabulary and evaluate your preparation of your respective exams.
The Hindu Vocabulary Analysis (23 April 2019) Download PDF
1. JETTISON (VERB):
- Meaning: (निकाल फ़ेकना) throw overboard, Throw or drop (something) from an aircraft or ship.
- Synonyms: dump, discard.
- Antonyms: hold, keep
- Example: I will keep the good experiences and jettison the bad ones, before I leave this city. I then jettisoned the weight belt and removed my tank.
2. FURNISH (VERB):
- Meaning:(देना) provide.
- Synonyms: dispense, issue.
- Antonyms: receive, deny.
- Example: I will keep the good experiences and jettison the bad ones, before I leave this city. The ATM furnished the money.
3. SLEW (NOUN):
- Meaning: (अधिक मात्रा) abundance, Turn or slide violently or uncontrollably.
- Synonyms: aggregation, bunch
- Antonyms: little, need
- Example: 1. There was a slew of currency notes in the bank. 2. Jack slammed on the brakes and slewed to a stop in a cloud of dust.
4. DIFFIDENT (ADJECTIVE):
- Meaning: (शर्मीला) bashful, Modest or shy because of a lack of self-confidence.
- Synonyms: meek, timid
- Antonyms: confident, extroverted
- Example: 1. Don’t be a diffident spectator if crime is taking place before your very eyes. 2. And his diffident manner should not be mistaken for a lack of energy.
5. ANNUL (VERB):
- Meaning: (अन्त करना) abolish, Declare invalid (an official agreement, decision, or result).
- Synonyms: abrogate, cancel
- Antonyms: allow, continue
- Example: 1.The practice of immolation had been annulled already. 2. the elections were annulled by the general amid renewed protests
6. TRAGIC (ADJECTIVE):
- Meaning: (भयंकर) appalling, Causing or characterized by extreme distress or sorrow.
- Synonyms: awful, deplorable
- Antonyms: pleasant, wonderful
- Example: 1. Merriam saw the tragic women of the wards. 2. the shooting was a tragic accident.
7. DEMURE (ADJECTIVE):
- Meaning: (संकोची) reserved, reserved, modest, and shy.
- Synonyms: shy, reticent,
- Antonyms: bold, brave
- Example: 1. Pankaj is a demure person. 2. I shared a compartment with a child and his demure governess.
8. INUNDATE (VERB):
- Meaning: (अभिभूत करना) have a strong emotional effect on. Overwhelm (someone) with things or people to be dealt with.
- Synonyms: touch, overwhelm
- Antonyms: underwhelm, unimpressed
- Example: 1. The criminal was overwhelmed with guilt. 2. we’ve been inundated with complaints from listeners.
9. INOFFENSIVE (ADJECTIVE):
- Meaning: (हानिहीन) harmless , Not objectionable or harmful..
- Synonyms: innocuous, pleasant
- Antonyms: damaging, malicious
- Example: 1. Shweta is an inoffensive, and sensitive girl. 2. A shy, inoffensive, and sensitive girl’
10. CONCEAL (VERB):
- Meaning: (छिपाना) hide, Not allow to be seen; hide.
- Synonyms: cover, lurk
- Antonyms: reveal, expose
- Example: 1. Why are you concealing your identity? 2. a line of sand dunes concealed the distant sea.
Dear Aspirants if you have any suggestion or issue, please share with us by commenting below or send us email to firstname.lastname@example.org.