The Hindu Vocabulary Analysis 27 April, 2019
In this world of competitive exams, ‘Vocabulary’ takes a vital role in every exam. Several banking and Government exams like PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level exams, Other Exams etc. JOBAPPLY provides you 10 new words in The Hindu Vocabulary on the daily basis which will benefit you not only in upcoming examinations but also to improve English writing skill. We have mentioned the important words with the meaning, synonyms and antonyms along with the example to give a clear concept about the words. We Know in English Part the vocabulary mostly comes from THE HINDU Newspapers in the competitive exams. Therefore it is very important to read and memories. You can give online test your vocabulary and evaluate your preparation of your respective exams.
1. ECSTASY (NOUN): joyful excitement:(उल्लास)
Synonyms: bliss, elation
Antonyms: misery, unhappiness
There is a choice, adventure and ecstasy associated with being engaged which is great.
2. EDIFICE (NOUN): A large, imposing building:(इमारत)
Synonyms: monument, skyscraper
Antonyms: hut, chalet
So the clarification comes and the whole edifice crumbles.
3. EFFEMINATE (ADJECTIVE): exhibiting female qualities:(नारी जैसा)
Synonyms: feminine, womanish
Antonym: masculine, manly
John spends the remainder of the film eating on cigars with an effeminate scientist.
4. ELUDE (VERB): Escape from or avoid typically in a skilful or cunning way:(टाल जाना)
Synonyms: dodge, escape
Antonyms: encounter, confront
She looked up the slope behind him, confident to have eluded his opponent, not having left a single path in the snow.
5. ENDEAVOR (NOUN): an attempt with a lot of effort:(कोशिि)
Synonyms: venture, undertaking
Antonyms: passivity, inactivity
They should also endeavor not to let safety preparations set the tone for discussion
6. ENTOURAGE (NOUN): group of attendants:(पररचारक गण) Synonyms: servant, retinue
Antonym: leader, head
The queen was accompanied to the ritual by her large entourage that escorts her wherever she goes
7. EPICUREAN (ADJECTIVE): loving food and comfort:(भोगवादी)
Synonyms: gluttonous, libertine
Antonyms: chaste, puritanical
Punish is a big time gourmet with epicurean habits who spends millions in clubs.
8. EQUIVOCAL (ADJECTIVE): unclear:(अननश्चचत)
Synonyms: doubtful, uncertain
Antonyms: certain, definite
Example Sentence: The movie had an equivocal ending.
9. EVANESCE (VERB): Pass out of sight, memory, or existence.:(लुप्त हो जाना)
Synonyms: dissipate, fade away
Antonyms: appear, emerge
It was normal, therefore, that Indian dependability could not be allowed to evanesce.
10. EXECRABLE (ADJECTIVE): extremely bad or unpleasant:(निनौना)
Synonyms: horrible, sickening
Antonyms: pleasant, nice
Unnecessary to say, one criticiser called the show ‘the most disgusting and execrable series ever to ooze its way onto television.’